favorite relationship → stiles & his dad
i think we found the opposite of nash greir
This is so sad. I wonder if people realize how poignant this image is, and what it really represents. Suicide/depression is not a phase, it is a disease and an illness that eats away at you every single day. it should be taken just as seriously as cancer or any other terminal illness, and unfortunately, it’s not.
Or this person is a sarcastic little shit
Aww that’s so-
Oh hey shes getting olde-
you son of a bitch
Let that poor babe inside.
If you aren’t owned by a snow dog you’ll never really understand. Max is half husky/half malamute. This is his element. I often try to get him to come inside & he refuses. Stubborn boy loves the snow! & he has a thick double coat during the winter to protect him. But I do not let him stay outside all day. He is mostly an inside dog. Don’t worry, I take care of my pup. :)
Trying to keep a husky out of the snow is like trying to keep a lab out of water. It just isn’t going to happen.
He looks so content just sitting there.
People people and more people! I’ve been in a bit of art molasses with other projects, and these characters just started coming out naturally. I love when things happen like that. It gives me hope.
I’d like do share my process incase you’d ever want to try something similar:
1. I found vacation pictures and used people in the backgrounds as loose inspiration/reference.
2. I did very fast character sketches of people, focusing most importantly on big interesting shapes and exaggeration. The most important part for me in this stage is to sketch in pen (to have a more deliberate mindset), and to sketch fast! You can do as many as you want. A lot will look like utter crap until you get some you like.
3. So, next I pick the scrappy doodles I like, and use a projector to blow up the drawings and project them on a piece of drawing paper. (You can also use a window or a tracing table or whatever works for you). Trace the doodle lightly.
4. Next I get out the watercolors and play around with washes over the light drawing, and come up with a cool general color idea/base. No details… it will feel like kindergarden again.
5. Now I use some prisma colored pencils (or whatever kind you have), and flush out the rest! I also use white and black gesso if needed. Really play around, there is no right and wrong… have fun!
6. After this, I scan the drawings, touch up the colors if needed and add some texture. You can do it!!
Audrey Benjaminsen 2014
"this baby came out of you but im not 100% sure its yours"
I haven’t seen this around tumblr just yet, so I wanted to put my own word out about it.
This is a fashion doll created by an illustrator that has been modeled to the standard proportions of the average 19 year old girl. She’s healthy, sporty, wears natural makeup, and GOSH DARNIT LOOK HOW POSABLE SHE’LL BE.
The project is technically fully funded now, but the more support and preorders it gets, the more influential it will be. My mom just got one for the sole purpose of keeping in the box, because best case scenario, these things become the next barbie and they’re worth big bucks later on; worst case scenario, she helped support an artist with a good cause.
Preorders aren’t outrageous at all. $25 for a first-edition doll that will NOT be sold in retail stores. Please spread the word and help get this doll known!